Monday, January 7, 2008

Costa Rica


We just got back from a trip to Costa Rica with my family. It was such a great trip! Here are some of the highlights:
1) Turtles- We got to see a leatherback turtle lay her eggs. It was so amazing! I had seen it quite a few times on the Discovery channel, but it was absolutely incredible in real life (unfortunatley we couldn't take any pictures).


2) Snorkeling- Reid and I went snorkeling with my sisters Marti and Vixie and my brother in- law Tim. We saw a sting ray, and got to hold a starfish and a puffer fish. It was so beautiful and colorful, I felt like I was in Finding Nemo.




3)River Trip- We went on a wild life river safari boat trip that was really cool. Brooke fed a monkey a banana out of her hand. We also saw some crocodiles, a lot of cool birds and a lot of iguanas.




4)Deep Sea Fishing- Reid went deep sea fishing and caught some kind of big 'ole fish.



5)Chillin- It was so great just to be able to relax on the beach or at the pool. Brooke had so much fun swimming, she also practiced for her future as a surfer. When we got back she got upset because she actually had to put on real clothes and didn't get to go swimming everyday.



6)Family- We had so much fun hanging out with family. Brooke loved playing with all her little cousins and aunts, uncles and grandparents.
We had a great trip, but as you can see we wore ourselves out and are thrilled to be home.

2 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

Viva Costa Rica! I wanna go back! You guys must have had a blast! Was the weather good? Did Brooke have fun?

Elise and Lane said...

Thanks! The curtains and crib skirt my mom helped me make! It was just way to much to buy a "bedding set" and I didn't like any of them anyways. And the dresser is from Wal-mart, it was like $160. I was going to just do the basic changer, but I thought for a little bit more we could use it longer! So it's not the exact matching set for the crib (from Target) but way more affordable and fits better in our room since we didn't have a whole lot of room! Have you decorated Brooke's room in your new house?