Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things I laugh at that I shouldn't

I've always been prone to laughing at innoportune times. During church, during the sappy moments at the movie theater, when people say things seriously that I find ridiculous, etc. Never has this problem been more apparent than it is now. As a mother I feel like I am constantly bombarded with situations where I should be serious and I just can't help but laughing I really need some help!

Today while I was vacuuming Brooke got into my make-up drawer and helped herself to my mascara, I tried to be so stern while telling her that that was naughty, but she just looked so funny that I burst out laughing. What a great authority figure I am!

7 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

I have the same problem! I spend most of my time laughing then disciplining. I love the picture! So cute! It looks like she is finally getting some hair.

Katie said...

He he- I love it! I have the same problem too. I love children. They are such a joy- and half the time even when naughty- they are so sweet and funny. You are such a good mom to find the joy in those moments too.

Elise and Lane said...

Too funny!

Tiffany said...

I think that this is inevitable with little girls! Emma already loves to play in my makeup...the days of sneaking it are just around the corner!

T.J., Candice, Brighton, and Addie said...

I can't believe how cute and big your little girl is! It was so fun to hear from you!

Whitney said...

ha ha, I can picture you having that "problem". But it's probabally a good thing :)

Hales Family said...

Brooke looks so cute all smudged up with mascara. How could you not laugh? However, I do recall you laughing several times at the lunch table when it wasn't a funny moment. I miss the good old days at Canyon. I hope all is well with you!