Brooke had Spring Break so we decided to go camping for a couple days. The kids love camping and as I figured this would be the last time I'd be up for it in a while we decided to go for it. To be honest, I never really look forward to camping but when we go I'm amazed at how much fun we all have. This time was no exception, we had so much fun hiking (there were so many gorgeous waterfalls), canoeing, playing in the water and eating smores. We just had so much fun!
There were a few downsides, Brooke spilled really hot soup on her arm which was awful, but she was actually really tough about it; some racoons ate all of the food out of our cooler the first night we were there, but it was almost worth it just to listen to Owen talk about how mad he was at the raccoons for eating his hot dogs; and we were camped a little ways away from the bathroom, which would have been fine unless your a pregnant woman that has to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes.
Anyways, I guess the sign of a great trip is that even when crappy things happen we all still had fun and we just loved getting so much time to hang out together. I just have to remember that I really do like camping!
Brooke was such a great helper, I think she might know more about setting up a tent than I do.
The kids just loved all the waterfalls, they were so beautiful!
When we told the kids the racoons had eaten our food the first thing they asked was "Did they eat the marshmallows?" Thankfully, they didn't.
This bridge really freaked me out, it was so old and rickety.
Brooke insists on doing one of these pictures everytime we go hiking, she thinks they're so funny.
It was such a great place to camp, because there were so many fun things to do. The kids really loved canoeing.
We'll definitely have to go there again, it was so much fun. Happy Spring Break!
No comments:
Post a Comment