Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Everett

Everett Dwight James was born on March 14, 2014.  He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 21 1/4 in. long.  His birth was the most exciting of any of my kids, so I am going to share a brief birth story. I woke up that morning around 6:30 and felt nauseous and kind of different, but I wasn't really having contractions.  By 8 I thought something might be going on and I was having sporadic contractions.  I called my sister to ask how you know if your in labor, and she said "I don't know it is always different".  By 10 I was having consistent contractions every few minutes and Reid decided to come home from work.  I already had a Dr. appointment scheduled at 11:30 so we found someone to watch our kids and went to the appointment.  When the Dr. checked me I was dilated to a 5, so she sent me to check in to the hospital.  I got in to the hospital a little before 1.  They sent down the anesthesiologist and I was about to get an epidural when I mentioned that I take baby aspirin.  I think there was a misunderstanding about why I take it, but anyways the anesthesiologist said I shouldn't have an epidural because of the baby aspirin ( For the record I took baby aspirin when I was pregnant with Millie and had an epidural, everything was fine).  So by the time the doctor got back to the room, she said I was already too far along for any other drugs to really take affect so we should just go ahead and get that baby out.  So that is what we did.  It was really hard, and intense, but then I saw that little baby boy and it was amazing.  The nurses handed him to me and I held him up and snuggled him.  The doctor and the nurses all left the room and we had a couple hours for just the three of us to be together and it was so special. 





Everett is such a sweet baby.  He LOVES to eat and sleep and is not particularly happy when he is not doing one of those things.  His sisters and brother absolutely love him.  Owen is particularly smitten with him and keeps getting him out of his crib if he is crying and I'm not getting to him in a timely manner, that is encouraging me to not let him cry very often.  He has added so much to our family already and I feel that he belongs here with us.  We just love this sweet little boy.































2 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

i love all these pictures. i think my favorites are the ones with all the kids in bed. so precious and so sweet. love y'all

Roseanne said...

Yes, I got a comment! :) Thank you! It's nice to know someone still reads my blog! :)
I can't believe you have 4 kids now! What an adorable family!
Great job going natural! That's something I've wanted to do so bad.
And you moved to New Mexico! Wow lots of changes for you guys! I wish we lived closer. It would be so fun to see you!