5 years ago
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
High Quality Merchandise
The other day I was running on my treadmill, minding my own business when suddenly I heard a distinct "crack". When I got off to investigate, I noticed a LARGE crack all the way down the running board of the treadmill. After I stopped feeling a little bad about my weight at breaking the treadmill I started thinking about the quality of things that I buy. Now I admit I do have a tendency to break things, but when I started thinking about all the things I've broken I got a little freaked out. Here is a list of some of the things that we have gone through in our 4+ years of marriage: 1 toaster, 1 microwave, 1 crock pot, 4 mixers, 2 blenders, 2 cameras, 1 tv, 1 dvd player, 1 washer. Honestly most of the things were my fault, but I just can't help thinking that things should last longer. Is it just me? Does anyone else break things? What do you think about the quality of stuff these days? Am I just buying cheap stuff or do you guys have this problem as well?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I hear ya. I am now a firm believer in keeping receipts and warranty info because of that! Lane hates it that I'm always keeping boxes for months (luckily just in the attic though) but it's for that exact reason! We seriously have every box for all her baby stuff (crib, car seat, swing, etc) but seeing how were about to take her swing back, i'm glad I did!
ha ha, that is funny! so, yeah, we're going to Memphis in August. It's in the far West corner. Josh says it's about 5 hrs from the east corner, but still, that's not too bad! Have you found out any more info on that job? is it still a possibility? you would just have to be carefully b/c there are alot of bears in the east. More people are killed by bears in TN than any where else in the USA. by the way, em clayton is engaged. she wanted your address, but I think I have it in my email.
That's the primary reason I buy most of our stuff at Costco. Airport rips off the zipper on the suitcase -- Costco apologizes and gives you your money back; treadmill cracks (under heavy use???) -- Costco apologizes and gives you your money back; Vitamix burns out -- Costco apologizes and gives you your money back; Costco discovers they got a better price on a hearing aid -- hey, you get a $300 refund in the mail (TRUE); Shippie Lou breaks a bottle of peaches -- uh, I don't think I'd try taking the pieces back.
For years, every Christmas I would make divinity with one of those little hand mixers and burn it out and take it back (1 yr warranty) and then go get a new one and use it until next divinity season.
Post a Comment