Sunday, March 15, 2009

Funny Things!

Upon seeing a donut with sprinkles when she woke up
Brooke: It's my birthday???? It's my birthday!!!!

Going to bed at night
Brooke: Daddy the blanket is broken!
Reid: You mean it fell off the bed.
Brooke: No, it was broken but you fixed it. Thanks!

Waking up in the morning
Brooke: Mommy, mommy is today tomorrow?

At lunch
Brooke: Mommy the mouse doesn't need scotch tape, he needs a magnet.
Me: What?
Brooke: The mouse needs a magnet to hang a picture on the fridge.
Me: Huh?
Brooke: We don't use scotch tape, we use magnets.
Me: Are you talikng about the mouse in the cookie book?
Brooke: Of course
(Just for the record it had been weeks since we had read If you give a mouse a Cookie so I don't know how this came up, but it was funny.)

At dinner
Brooke: Mommy you and Owen are special.
Me: You are special too Brooke.
Brooke: No, I'm perfect.
Me: Is daddy special or perfect?
Brooke: He's just silly!

Oh I love her! What a fun age!

9 comments:

Mark and Amy said...

Maybe if you, Reid, and Owen work really hard, you can be perfect like Brooke someday :)
Great quotes!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Those comments are so cute! It sounds like she is quite the talker. I can't believe that she is almost three!

Katie said...

cute

Adrianne said...

These are my favorite things to read! They will love looking back at them some day. I especially like it when I get a few that may embarass them and I can hold them over their head. :)

Whitney said...

that is so funny! I love how crazy stuff just makes perfect sense to them. I love that she said Reid isn't perfect or special, just silly!

Katie said...

I love your new header! So True!

Astyn said...

Bonnie and Reid.....I have just been getting caught up with your blog. cute cute kids. I especially love all of these conversations, I cannot wait for Emery to start talking more.

Lindaq said...

Now don't you wish we had had blogging when you were Brooke's age? It's sad -- I can remember how you looked (especially when you were mad) -- but I can't remember things you said. Guess I need to go dig out some old journals.

Roseanne said...

I love kids quotes. :) So much fun. I have a lot to look forward to.