Friday, July 17, 2009

Science Night


Last night I randomly told Reid that we should show Brooke how to make a volcano, when Reid informed me that he had never made one. Now I thought the whole baking soda and vinegar volcano was a staple of childhood, we had to remedy the situation. So we made a volcano with red lava (decorating sugar). Reid also showed us how when you mix just a little vinegar and baking soda the carbon dioxide can put out a flame. Not that we were competing but I think my experiment was totally cooler:)!

4 comments:

Astyn said...

Totally a staple of childhood. Who doesn't make a volcano diarama (sp??) when they are like in 3rd grade. I remember setting mine off so many times that the cardboard container was mush and we had to put it in the trash using a snow shovel. haha
Science night is an awesome idea. Love it.

Adrianne said...

Yes, your experiement is better; I agree. Sorry Reid.

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun! I think we may have to try out the volcano. I don't think I ever did one as a child.

Katie said...

Love it! Your do so many fun things