Saturday, November 21, 2009

Half Marathon


Reid and I ran a half marathon this morning. The actual race didn't quite go as I was hoping. We were hoping to be under 2 hours and we came in at 2:20. I am pretty dissapointed because we had been feeling so good on our runs, last week we ran 11 miles in 1:25. But mentally I was not really with it today and I just never got going. My sweet husband could have done so much better, but he stayed with me and kept me going. But we finished and it was kind of fun! Anyways, getting ready for this race has been so fun. We have really loved running together, we both agreed it is one of the funnest things we've done together. And we are so appreciative to all of our friends who watched our kids so we could go on long runs on Saturdays, you guys are the best!

5 comments:

Katie said...

YAY YOu!

Vixie said...

Good Job!! Two hours twenty minutes is great!! That is a long run...

Birches said...

Wow! Great work. I'm at six miles right now and 13 just seems unattainable, but we'll see

Unknown said...

you guys rock! It took Dave 20 years before he realized how much fun it is to run with me!

Astyn said...

So impressive!! You guys look like you are still happy after the 13 miles!! Again, impressive.