Sunday, April 11, 2010

I kind of feel like a runner again


I ran cross country in high school and I loved it. It was definitely one of my favorite things about high school. I was never super fast but, I loved the friends I made and I loved running. But when I got into college I stopped running regularly. After I had Owen I decided to try to get back into running again. It has taken awhile, but I am starting to feel like a runner again. Running makes me so happy, I just love it! Yesterday I ran a 5k and it was so much fun! My goal was to run it in under 24 min. and I finished in 23:53. So it was nice to get in under my goal and just have fun. I am so glad I am running again!
Pardon the super crazy face, I don't know what I was doing!

9 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

Nice job Bonnie! I must say if it wasn't for you I would have never run my first offocial 5K race back in PA!!! I've always run and played sports, but never did real races! I've done some more (and plan to do more) so thanks! (even if you couldn't actually do it with me that day ;)

Vixie said...

Good Job!! You are certainly a runner!!

Birches said...

Hooray for running! I love it too (though I am way slower than you)

The Adams Family said...

You are a runner. And I think it's funny that you could have gone an extra mile by the time I finished, and I still thought I did pretty good.

Brandon and Natalie said...

That is an amazing 5K time!! Great Job!! Love the Easter pictures.

Katie said...

COngrats...running is so fun. I am excited to be able to do it again once the baby comes. Your time is awesome.

Hales Family said...

Good work! I need to start running. You look great too. The kids look so cute in the flowers! I love Brooke's hair! I am so excited for you to build your house. I have to say, we did all three things you are thinking about with our house we just built. They are probably my three favorite things about our house! (kitchen desk, island and mudroom) I will take a pic and send them to you for more ideas. Sounds like a fun summer ahead for you!!

Holly said...

Great job! One day I will run again, but (having just had a baby) the thought of it right now HURTS! :-) I do admire your hard work.

Astyn said...

Good for you Bonnie. Hey, were you guys affected by any of the flooding in TN? I hear it has been pretty bad.