Reid and I are notorious in my family for hating vacations. I don't know if it is because we're just homebodies, we really like routines, or we are just cranky people but we do struggle with vacations. But we took a quick trip to Utah this past weekend and it was great! We were only there for a couple days but we got to do a lot of things and it was a very fun trip. The only reason I wouldn't say it was a totally perfect trip is that our kids didn't sleep well the whole trip and Utah is a long ways from Tennessee, it was a lot of traveling.
On Thursday when we got in we went to Temple Square. I hadn't been there in so long it was really neat. Brooke loved seeing the different pictures and statues of the prophets, she thought it was really cool.
On Friday Reid and I got to go to the temple without driving 3 hours and swapping the kids which was wonderful. While we were at the temple my mom took the kids to walmart and let them ride the little rides. She also had Brooke help her make an awesome cake. Then we went up to Thanksgiving point and walked through the gardens. The kids loved running around with their cousins.
That night we went bowling with Reid's family that had come up to see us. Brooke got one of the best scores, she definitely beat Reid and I, and she had so much fun hanging out with her grandpa.
On Saturday, we went to the Draper temple where my mom and stepdad were sealed. This was such a special thing and we were so glad we could be there. My mom and Jim have been married almost 12 years, they got married when I was in high school. So it was just so great to be there with them.
Then because it was Brooke's birthday, my mom had planned a special birthday party for her. She made this awesome rainbow cake, and planned fun games. Brooke was so excited to have a party with her cousins. She loved it!
It was a busy couple of days, but it was so fun! Maybe after this successful trip we should start trying vacations more often? On second thought maybe we shouldn't push our luck! We had a fun trip and we were so glad we got to be there with my mom and Jim!
4 comments:
Wow. Congrats to your mom and stepdad. That is great that you could be there to share in the occasion. Plus, it is a nice time of year to visit Utah.
And can I just say ....that cake may be the largest homemade cake I have ever seen. Did Brooke really eat that huge piece? Go girl- it is your birthday.
What a cool cake! That's so neat for your mom and step-dad. Next time you're here let me know. It'd be fun to see you again!
How fun! I love ut. this time of year! Cake looks so fun, congrats to your mom and jim AND you look GREAT! We'll be here for the next 2 years; no more summer breaks or vacations :( so yeah, you should totally come out and have a mini vacation! (we've got 2 guest rooms so we've got plenty of room :)
My parents saw you at the temple! Next time you're in town, let's hang out for a few hours! I'm glad you had a great trip.
Post a Comment