Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Say No to Dirgs


On the drive to school this morning:
Brooke: Mom, we don't have any dirgs do we?
Me: What are dirgs?
Brooke: I don't know, but we don't have any do we?
Me: Where did you learn about dirgs?
Brooke: Well, sometimes in books and places it says "Say no to dirgs"
Me: Ohh, you mean drugs, Say no to Drugs!
Brooke: Momma, what are drugs?

It was a really funny conversation, but it kind of broke my heart. I hate those moments when I feel her innocence and childhood slipping away a little. When she starts learning about things that I'm just not ready for her to know about. I love that girl so much I wish I could keep her away from all the craziness of this world.

3 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

I've started having a few of the moments with Danelle also! Can't we just keep them young & safe forever :) !!!

Katie said...

I totally agree.

Astyn said...

That is so cute and a little sad. But a cute conversation to have recorded. Your little family is adorable.