I've been dreading this time and putting it off, but I think its time. Owen is ready to potty train. When Brooke was 2 I started potty training her, I don't know that she was "ready" but I thought it was time so we did it. Now Owen is almost 3 and I just don't want to do it. He will climb onto the toilet after getting out of the bathtub and pee, everytime we sit him on the toilet he will pee, he will tell me as soon as he starts going potty, and he insists on wearing underwear (which I've just been putting on over his diaper), but still I've been trying to push it off as long as possible. I dread potty training. I just keep thinking about that panicky feeling when Brooke would tell me she needed to go potty and there wasn't a toilet in the near vicinity or that awful pit in my stomach when I would see a puddle of pee form under her- at church, or the store, or the children's museum. I hate potty training, but whether or not I want to admit it Owen is ready so I guess I should just try and get this over with!
5 years ago


2 comments:
ahhhh that makes my heart race. Madelyn is starting to show signs and I think no no no. Not for a long time. GOOD LUCK!
Amen. I always put it off as long as possible. PT is the worst part of mothering.
Post a Comment