Thursday, August 2, 2012

Adjusting

It is so wonderful to have a new baby in our family, we love Camille to pieces.  But it is also a big adjustment, for all of us.
Millie loves to be held, seriously like all of the time.  Which is wonderful, when you just want to sit on the couch holding an adorable baby and say "sorry about dinner honey but the baby was crying and I had to hold her".  Her desire to be held constantly is not so wonderful whenever I have the idea of accomplishing anything.  But Millie is turning into a pretty good sleeper, I had my doubts, up until this week she was sleeping in 3 hour chunks, but then this week she slept for 6 hours one night and then 7 the next kind of amazing.



Owen loves being a big brother.  He loves holding Millie and talking to her.  One funny story, when Owen came to the hospital when Millie was born he ran up and gave me a hug, looked at my stomach and said "The baby is out of your belly?" "Can I hit you now?"  Apparently our constant refrain of be careful mommy has a baby in her belly, really sunk in.  You gotta love that crazy kid.



Brooke adores Millie, she is so sweet with her.  One sunday when we were getting ready for church I heard Brooke talking to Millie, she was saying "Oh Millie, you are just the cutest thing, seriously you are so cute and adorable, Oh Millie you are just so cute, just like me" over and over again.  At least she is kind in her vanity, right?

As for me, I took all 3 kids to the grocery store last week and we all survived, so that is pretty great, right?

2 comments:

Birches said...

That's so sweet! Lucia (my 3rd) is also a mama hog. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have liked it if the first two had been that way, but somehow this time it just makes me happy (most of the time).

Katie said...

It is so sweet to see your kids with her. That is great that she is sleeping more for you...it always feels so refreshing. And I have to say the fact you took all 3 to the store is amazing- you are awesome!