Monday, May 12, 2008

What We've Been Up To


1)As our time in New Mexico was coming to a close we went on one last hike up in the mountains. We've really enjoyed living in an area that has so many great places to hike and fish and hunt and really just enjoy the outdoors. We're sad to leave!


2) We made the drive from New Mexico to Tennesse in two days. Brooke was amazing! We're so excited to be in our new place. It's great to see how green everything is and to have so many rivers around. We really think we will like it here!

3)Giving ourselves an idea of what Brooke will look like when she actually has hair.


4)Right after we moved my grandmother passed away. So I went out to California for a quick weekend for the funeral. All of my siblings were there except one sister who couldn't make it, so it was good to see everyone. The funeral was really great my grandma such a great woman and she has been waiting a long time to die, so it's just wonderful to think of her in heaven with my grandpa. It was also the first time that I have been away from Brooke overnight and that was a bit rough but I was just thrilled to see her when I got back on Mother's Day!


5)Happy Mother's Day! My sweethearts made me a delicious dinner and strawberry cheesecake to welcome me home (aren't they the best?). It was so good to be back with my baby and eating cheesecake (YUM!)

4 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

I agree, TN is a very green place and very humid...just wait until summer. The leaves are beautiful in the fall.

Glad the move went well.

It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day.

Katie said...

wow sounds like you guys have been busy. I am glad that you think you will be happy in TN. Thanks for all your sweet comments. You are an amazing person.

Whitney said...

okay, so last I heard TN (I abreviate it b/c I don't know how to spell it. ha!) was not set in stone... I'm glad you're out there though. I'll join you in a few months! hope your getting settled.

Elise and Lane said...

Glad you had such a good mother's day! Did ya'll drive to TN? I'll let you know if we drive your way though, I think we might be stopping in MO to see Lane's parents, so we'll see which way works out best! I think we do KY and then Arkansas...Oh and Valerie Goates is pregnant! And I think you knew the Lymans are moving to S. Africa in Jan...