Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thank You Dolly!


One of my favorite things about living in East Tennessee is the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. It is a foundation that Dolly Parton set up that sends one free book a month to every kid under 5 (so Owen because I started him as soon as he was born will get 60 free books!). Brooke loves getting her books in the mail and I've been impressed by the book choices, they are age appropriate, good books. Loving books as much as I do it makes me so happy to get these books and not have to feel bad about not buying them more books. I know they have this in other areas but this is the first place that I've lived that has it and I just love it!


Also, thanks to my mom who is like my own personal Dolly Parton. She has sent me two boxes of books in the last few months. I just love it when I always have a new book to read!

5 comments:

Mark and Amy said...

Hey-we're in the Imagination Library too! It's soo great!

Vixie said...

I am going to have to look into this in our area. Also, I am sure you have heard this, but Owen is such a mini-Reid, so cute!!.

Brandon and Natalie said...

I agree with you, we are in the Imagination Library too and I love the books that come. For the most part, they are high quality books. How wonderful to get two boxes of new books. That seriously must have made your day.

Hales Family said...

That is sweet. You gotta love Dolly. I especially love the picture of her that you selected for your blog. She is one in a million. Your kids are darling. Owen is already getting big. So cute!

Katie said...

Sounds like fun! I love BOOKS!