Mudroom
I am so excited to have a mudroom. I think my expectations for this room are a little high in that I think it is going to essentially eliminate the clutter in out house, but who knows? I can't decide whether I want to do a row of cubbies up high as well as a column of cubbieson the side, or two columns of cubbies so we have space to put some cool pictures over the coat hooks. Any ideas?



Kitchen Island
I totally want to paint our island. I'm thinking green, but I thought this red one looked cool too and black is kind of fun.


Kitchen Desk
This is another area where my expectations might be a little high. I am hoping that having a kitchen desk area is going to elliminate or at least conceal all the junk that tends to conglomorate in my kitchen. We probably won't have a computer in here for a while (until we breakdown and get a laptop). So I was thinking about putting corkboard on the wall to use this area as a little message area/ organizational center. Any great ideas? I love this picture from Martha Stewart, I think it is so pretty.

So anyways, in case anyone was actually curious that is what I've been spending all my time obsessing about lately.
5 comments:
I vote for maximizing cabinet space everywhere, especially for the mudroom. There's so much junk in our entryway, I'd love a few extra cabinets.
I am so excited for you! You get to build from scratch. How fun...ya I bet a lot of decisons. But how fun!
I like all of your ideas. Fun! Fun!
so those are all really cute ideas! SO FUN that you are going to have a mud room! I'm excited for one of those some day. I like the top pictures- though it'd be fun to have pictures above the hooks it's just one more thing to worry about? I love the island. I'd go with the green or red. We did black woods in our living room and have had a hard time finding stuff to go with it- black wood is harder to find and there seem to be more colors that go along with the brown schemes (like red or green) it also livens up the kitchen to have a color. i don't know if that makes any sense, but I favor the green. good luck, so exciting for you!
Hey Bonnie-
I haven't checked your blog in a while since I didn't save the new address in my little folder of links. Anyway, all of that to say that I have a lot to catch up on. This is so exciting. So I am sure you already made these decisions but I love the mudroom idea and I love the kitchen island painted a different color. It adds so much dimension. So fun. I am sure it will be beautiful! Much love
Post a Comment