Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss and just clowning around

Lately, I've been feeling like a lot of my days have been me constantly trailing after my kids cleaning up their messes and ending up so tired that by the end of the day I haven't really done anything with them. Not today! I had some Dr. Seuss activities planned for today, but all Brooke would talk about were clowns and the circus.
She asked me to paint her face like a clown, and before I automatically said no I thought why not so I used our old halloween face paint and turned her into a clown. She had a ball putting on a circus for Owen and me. She did different tricks, and practiced juggling and riding a "little car", for never having been to the circus she did pretty good. She was a cute clown, but I will say I am not a big fan of clowns and I was happy when she said she was ready to wash it off.

The face paint went so well and Owen was still asleep so we decided to go ahead and make a cat in the hat, hat. Then when Owen woke up we read The Foot Book and they each did their feet stamps. They were both so giggly and wiggly when I was painting their feet, Brooke said it tickled.



It was such a fun day and somewhere in the middle of all that I still had time to make yummy Rosemary peasant bread and soup for dinner! I love good days, but it does make me sad that all days don't go quite so well.
Also just as a random note. Brooke used the phrase "It's just not fair" for the first time today, in reference to the fact that I wouldn't let her move her room in to the living room.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I bet you will be hearing that phrase a lot more as time goes...lol. I love the fun activities... I agree it is so nice when days go well, and really hard when all it seems like we do is clean and clean and well clean.
You are a great mom. I love that you took the time to paint her face!

Whitney said...

that sounds fun! good job for planning fun stuff!

Brandon and Natalie said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun day. I also agree that it is wonderful to have some great days once in awhile and makes you wonder why every day isn't that way. I think it helps us moms enjoy the good days just a little bit more.

Roseanne said...

You are such a good mom! You are always doing such fun stuff with your kids! I hope to be a good mom like you someday.

Lora said...

Bonnie!
I am so impressed! You are using all of your teacher creativity AT HOME! I hope I can do the same. You are very inspiring with all of your themed days and holidays. Oh, and CUTE kids, by the way.

Lora