Books
Our kids both LOVE books. Brooke has always been a little bit of a bookworm and now that she is reading so well her bookworminess is just getting worse. She loves reading books and is always so excited to read books to Owen. This is a picture of Brooke asleep on her book, this is how we find her most nights. Owen's love for books has taken a little longer, but he has really started getting more into books lately. He loves reading books and pointing out different things from them.
I also love books. I recently read The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I really liked it, I finished it on Thursday and I am still thinking about it. I definitely recommend it.
OUR HOUSE
We only have about 1 1/2 months left until our house is done and we can't wait. Reid is busy doing a few projects on the house and managing things right now. We go out and look at our house all the time and we are just so excited! The picture above is of our mudroom, I am really happy with the way it has turned out so far, all that storage makes me giddy!
Balls
Owen is really at such a fun age right now. He is just starting to really get into playing with toys and games and he just loves balls. He just throws that tennis ball around for hours and has so much fun.
Dolls
We got Brooke an Our Generation doll from Target doll (kind of like American Girl, but way cheaper) and I had an American Girl doll from when I was younger that I gave to her. She has been having so much fun changing their clothes and teaching them school and having them do different activities. She loves those dolls!
Craig's List
Because our new house is a little bigger than the condo's we've been renting we have a few furniture purchases that we need to make. Reid and I made a deal that if I got the couches I wanted I would get the rest of our furniture off of Craig's List. I've never had a lot of success with Craig's List in the past, but I've found if I just check it enough I eventually find something. So far we got this cute dresser for Brooke and a headboard that needs a little work.
Plants
We don't have a place for a garden this year, but we still managed to plant a few tomatoes, strawberries, onions and basil. We can hardly wait for the basil to be ready, fresh pesto, mmmmmm so good!
Design Blogs
I have few original creative ideas of my own so in my excitement for our new house I've been scouring the internet for decorating ideas. I love design blogs because a lot of them give some real simple, easy ideas for making a house your home. Here are a few of my favorites: The Nesting Place, The Lettered Cottage and Holly Mathis Interiors
What about you guys? What are you obsessed with right now?
3 comments:
Basil looks great!(I can't get mine to grow) mud room looks awesome! how exciting for your house to be done!
Such a fun post! Very cute kids! The picture of the mud room you posted looks wonderful. How exciting for your house to be done so soon!
Cute Post. Dolls are the greatest and they grow out of them so fast. Enjoy it while you can.
I read The Help and loved it as well. So fun and I am a picky reader.
Your house is looking great. I will have to check out some of your design blogs.
Post a Comment