Monday, June 6, 2011

Cute Boxes

Brooke loves collecting. She has several different collections going, mostly rocks, seashells, jewels and other interesting items. Her collections were driving me a little crazy because they always ended up in ugly diaper and wipe boxes. Being the control freak that I am it was killing me that these boxes were uglifying her cute room. So one day at the store I sat in the cute box isle (you know hat boxes and such)contemplating spending $30 on boxes when I thought I would try to make some boxes for her. So when I got home I got some shoeboxes, scrapbook paper and mod podge and Brooke and I went to town. I love her new boxes, I think they turned out really cute. And she loves having places just for her collections. One thingI would change, Brooke wrote labels on the top of them, you know "Brooke's Fairy Stuff", "Brooke's Collection" and I should have had her do it on the front so you could see her cute handwriting better. But it was a way fun, easy projectthat we are both happy with.

No comments: