We went to the Ole Miss game this past weekend. The kids were so great during the drive they watched some movies and ate and were awesome! The BYU tailgate was so fun! The kids loved seeing the cheerleaders and Cosmo and it was so fun to see how many BYU fans showed up. We also found that Ole Miss fans take their tailgating very seriously. We walked through The Grove, which is like over 6 acres of tailgating, there were just people everywhere and they were all dressed up. All the girls were wearing summer dresses and heels and the guys were wearing button up shirt and slacks and we even saw a few in suits, I've never felt so underdressed for a football game, you could basically pick out BYU fans as the ones wearing jeans and t-shirts. The Ole Miss fans we talked to were SO nice, they welcomed us to Oxford, and said they were so gald we were there, there were also signs around some of the tailgates offering free beer to BYU fans :)! The game was so great, I guess I should say the 4th quarter was great! The kids had so much fun watching the game and did so well, they were definitely tired out by the end, but now all Owen can talk about is football. It was such a fun trip for our family. Go Cougars!
5 years ago
6 comments:
It sounds like you had soo much fun! YAY BYU football. Such fun memories. I love taking time out and doing fun stuff. You are such a great mom
wow i've been meaning to call you since we got back. i only saw the last half of the 4th quarter...basically all i needed to see. i kept trying to look for y'all in the stands and my dad being the football nut that he is kept telling me to sit down. yay!! i mean it would have been fun if you'd lost but its way more fun when you win!
Lucky! I watched the game on ESPN3 and was thinking how jealous I would be to be there because I read "The Blind Side" and they talked all about The Grove. I imagine Leigh Ann and Sean Tuohy were non too pleased with the result.
I so love this post. And I love that you were able to go. Eean would die to see these photos. What a fun experience....Go cougs!!!
I love the free beer to BYU fans....so classic.
So fun! We totally wanted to go- Zach and Roseanne (reed/young) were in town and we were going to go but I was a bump on the log b/c Logan was just 3 weeks old. That is so funny about the "free beer to BYU fans"!!!!
Haha, this looks like so much fun! I need to get Maylee a little BYU onesie for football season before Peter can get her a U shirt :)
Post a Comment