So Owen LOVES superheroes, and is always stealing things from around the house to be different superheroes.
Thor
But his favorite one to be is usually Captain America, for his Captain America costume he uses the lids off these cute containers I bought at an antique shop.
Baby Captain America
It didn't bother me, until I realized he is totally ruining my lids. Then I started to get annoyed and everytime he so much as looked at one of the lids I would kindly ask him to not play with the lids, then I would tell him to put the lid down, then I would say "Owen if you pick that lid up one more time you are going to time out", then I would say "Owen , I warned you, you are going to time out." And then it would start again, for three months until today we sat down for 5 minutes and made a shield out of a paper plate. Seriously, how did I not do this sooner. My little boy looked up at me with his big brown eyes and said "Momma, now I can be Captain America like I've always wanted, thank you so much."
Again I ask how did I not take the 5 minutes to make this shield 3 months ago?
2 comments:
he's such a sweet boy!! oh i love it!!
that is the sweeetest...you are the best mom!
Post a Comment