Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa Time


Brooke had so much fun at our ward's primary Christmas party. She was very excited about seeing Santa until we got into the room, then she became very serious, and we just sat down and watched him for a few minutes. Finally, she went up to him and shook his hand and sat in his lap, then she told him what she wanted for Christmas (a bike), asked for her treat bag and told him Merry Christmas and thank you, all in a very serious manner without breaking a smile! After the drama of Santa everything else was very fun! She loved her Rudolph pancakes and getting decorated like a Christmas tree!


We've also gone to two Christmas parades, which are my favorites! I love nightime parades, the lights and candy just make them so fun!

I am really enjoying this holiday season! It is really the first year that Brooke has gotten the whole Christmas thing and it is so much fun to see her excitement and the magic of the season through her eyes!

5 comments:

T.J., Candice, Brighton, and Addie said...

Aren't they so fun this year! I am so excited for Christmas! I am counting down the days! I love how Brooke acted with Santa! I can't wait to see what Brighton does. Thank you for all of the bedtime ideas! I am definitely going to start trying them!

Elise and Lane said...

Oh you are so close! Keep us posted! Brooke is such a doll!

Anonymous said...

She was so cute with Santa. You were always a serious one also -- still are, don't you think? You will definitely manage getting out with two kids. Think about the alternative. Have you been having Shippie Lou practice jumping into her carseat and doing up her car seat harness? Never teach them to undo it -- but doing it up, you want her to do that. We taught Hunter just in time. I'm really excited about seeing you all in a few weeks. Grandma Q

Anonymous said...

Anonynmous is too dumb to find her login or password. I've got requests out to three different places right now -- AND I ALWAYS WRITE THEM DOWN

Adrianne said...

She is a doll. It is amazing how happy Christmas can make you! I love it when the kids get into it. My kids want to give a gift to everyone they met, I am going to have to make them start buying their gifts. :) Anyway, glad to see you are doing well. Tell Brooke Julia and Brigham say hi. It won't mean a thing to her but tell her anyway. Thanks!