Saturday, August 1, 2009

5K


Two of my goals this summer were 1)run a 5k and 2) run a 6 min. mile. Well, I am laughably no where near the 2nd one but I did do the 1st one. I hadn't really ran a race since high school so I was a little nervous, but it was great! My goal was to be under 30 min. and my time was 29:13 (in my secret hopes I was shooting for 27 min). It was a really hilly race, but it was just so fun to race again!



Brooke also enjoyed the race, and was busy copying all the runners stretching, we'll have to let her do a fun run next year.

4 comments:

Katie said...

that is so fun! Way to go! I have always thought that would be fun...but haven't dared. Your time was good too. Congrats

Birches said...

Good work Bonnie! I'm aiming to run a 5K in Sept. No time goals though --- I'd just be happy to run the whole way.

Brandon and Natalie said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work!

Adrianne said...

You are awesome. The only time I have done a six minute mile, I was in my car. I don't even thonk I could pull that off on a bike, going down hill, with greased roads.