Monday, May 31, 2010

I give up

My house is a mess. And I've decided to give up trying to keep it clean, it seems there is nothing I can do. The more I clean the dirtier it seems to become. It's not just a little dirty, it is a mess. In order to put clothes in the washer I had to step on a 50 lb. bag of rice. My kitchen counters are covered in coupons, bills, house papers, etc. My bedroom/office/excercise room is totally crazy and cluttered, there are stacks of paper and boxes everywhere. Brooke's room is getting even more crowded as we finally bought her her own dresser from craigs list (so her and Owen no longer have to share). I am sharing this not so you all are embarassed that you know such a messy person, but to you let you know that I've decided this mess is not my fault. Yes, that's right I've been thinking a lot about the disaster that my house is becoming and I don't think it is my fault. I've decided that the blame lies 100% on the fact that our house is too small and there is not enough storage and organizational areas. It has nothing to do with me and my kind of messy kids and everything to do with this house. So I'm fully expecting that when we move in a couple months our new house is always going to be spotless, everything will always have a place and will always be ultra-organized! Heres to dreaming!

3 comments:

Birches said...

I am a serial Goodwill drop off gal. Aaron had to train me, but it really has helped A LOT. Even though my house is still a mess, its LESS of a mess and easier to pick up. (I hear you though with the giant flour, rice, oat bags--its hard to keep them stored properly).

Katie said...

You know what I agree! I think that it will totally be great for you to have more space...so yay to a new house.

ps- let me know how the spotless all the time works out...I am needing the recipe for that

nbarnes2 said...

you're right. well mostly. and while you may think my house is messy big i think its less messy big than it was small. or maybe just when i'm upstairs i've forgotten about the mess downstairs which is just as well. sorry we didn't go to the mall with you today. you probably wld have gone earlier if it wasn't for us. sorry. oh and READ!